POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all : Re: The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 23:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most dangerous species of all
From: Warp
Date: 1 May 2009 16:51:59
Message: <49fb60ef@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I am an atheist who is firmly
> rooted in the stewardship school and you're attitude frankly gives me
> the creeps.

  Well, someone could have a philosophy like: "I'm only an individual,
I cannot affect the grand scale of things. I'm poor and I don't have
children, there's nothing I can leave them as inheritance, not even a
better world, both because I don't have children and because I can't make
the world better. The world will follow its course regardless of what
I do, so stressing about the world being destroyed would be useless,
even if this destruction happened in my lifetime, much more useless if
it happens hundreds of years after I'm dead."

  I personally wouldn't say I absolutely abhor that type of thinking in
my case.

  (I wonder which school of philosophy this most closely conforms to.
Maybe nihilism?)

--
                                                          - Warp